Pulse Synchronized IOP Measurement
The NT-4000 incorporates the “Pulse Synchronized” system for reducing the fluctuation and pursuing more precise measurements.
Advanced APC (Automatic Puff Control) Function
The amount of air pressure for measurements is reduced by more than 10% compared to the conventional model, for the optimum ease-of-use and patients’ comfort.
Expanded Auto-focusing Detection Range
The auto-focusing detection range has been expanded more than 50% (compared to the conventional model) in the focusing direction, which allows for quicker and more comfortable measurements.
Eyelid Checking Function
Before taking the measurement, the NT-4000 checks the position of the eyelid to avoid an error.
Selectable Modes of Operation
The operator can choose from three possible operation modes: Fully Automatic, Semi Automatic, and Manual.
The NIDEK NT-4000 non-contact tonometer includes all of the features of the NT-2000 model with a “Pulse Synchronized” system for reducing the fluctuation and pursuing more precise measurements.
The operator can turn on the pulse synchronization by flipping a switch and then NT-4000 will capture at the peak of the heartbeat cycle to eliminate the fluctuations caused by systolic or diastolic pressures. With this function activated the noise caused by the heartbeat is eliminated and the true IOP changes can be identified.
A comparison of the technological characteristics of the Nidek Non-Contact Tonometer Model NT-4000 and the predicate device has been performed, and the results are summarized in the table below. The results of this comparison demonstrate that the Nidek Non-Contact Tonometer Model NT-4000 has the same basic technological characteristics as the predicate device and is equivalent to the marketed predicate device. The differences between the Nidek Non-Contact Tonometer Model NT-4000 and the predicate device are insignificant and do not affect the safety or effectiveness of the device.
- Measurement range of the tonometer: 1 to 60 mmHg, 1 mm pitch
- Measurement Range Setting: APC40, APC60, 40, 60
- Working distance of the tonometer: 11 mm
- Automatic Puff Control (APC) Feature: Yes
- Pulse Synchronized IOP Measurement Function: Yes
- Eyelid Detection Function: Yes
- Alignment Method indicator: 1 alignment spot & focusing
- Inner Fixation Light: Green LED
- Automatic Movement: Yes, System Horizontal & vertical directions; back & forth directions; Pulse Synchronous system (selection)
- Alignment Mode: F.AUTO: auto alignment, auto focus, auto air puff. S.AUTO: auto alignment, manual focus, auto air puff. MANUAL: manual, manual focus, alignment, auto air puff
- Operation Range by Joystick: 36 mm back & forth; 86 mm right & left; 28 mm up & down
DISPLAY / PRINTING
- Screen: 5 inch TFT color display
- Printer: Thermal line printer
- Voltage: AC 100 / 120 / 230 V
- Frequencies 50 / 60 Hz
- Power Consumption 70VA maximum
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
Dimensions (W x D x H) & Weight: 260 mm (W) x 487 mm (D) x 457 mm (H); approx. 17 kg
Lino Skillern –
Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!